God loves you so utterly and completely that he has given himself for you in Jesus Christ his beloved Son, and has thereby pledged his very being as God for your salvation. In Jesus Christ God has actualised his unconditional love for you in your human nature in such a once for all way, that he cannot go back upon it without undoing the Incarnation and the Cross and thereby denying himself. Jesus Christ died for you precisely because you are sinful and utterly unworthy of him, and has thereby already made you his own before and apart from your ever believing in him. He has bound you to himself by his love in a way that he will never let you go, for even if you refuse him and damn yourself in hell his love will never cease. Therefore, repent and believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour…renounce yourself, take up your cross and follow Jesus as your Lord and Savior. The Mediation of Christ, 94
- God loves you not in sentiment but in action.
- Jesus, the enfleshment of God, is the embodiment of God’s love for you and your salvation.
- His love for you cannot be denied or be made to disappear because it is wrapped up in mammothly important events of history, the Incarnation and the Cross.
- To deny his love for you would be like denying He ever came and died. What has been done cannot be undone.
- He did not die for you because you were deserving or worthy of it. He died for you precisely because you were unworthy. He died to make you worthy.
- Christ died for us before we made any move toward him. Christ did not die for sinners because he detected in them an inclination toward God or a desire to end the enmity toward him. If Christ had not died for sinners, the great chasm that exists between God and man would not have lessened but would have grown wider.
- He will eternally love you to the end.
- Give your life, your whole life, to him because he is utterly deserving of all your worship. Do not just give him prominence. Give him preeminence.
These types of truth are able to sustain you during 2013. May you build your life upon them now and forevermore.